Monday, January 6, 2014

What I ate - Whole30 Day 3

Welcome to day 3! Slept horribly last night, not sure why but I do feel that it has something to do with being pregnant. Waking up sweating then cold and sweating again, it's a little much. I'm going to try not to take a nap today so I can be on the same schedule as my hubby, to make our Whole30 journey together a little easier. I realized we're running low on vegetables and apparently so was the grocery store! Guess I'll have to make another trip tomorrow and hope for more options. I really cannot wait for the farmers market to open back up in May, I miss having local produce at my fingertips. 


Breakfast 6am-ish

3 eggs over easy cooked in coconut oil
1 handful of celery
1 carrot stick
1 small portion of cucumbers
1 small portion of sweet potato "hash browns with cinnamon" cooked in coconut oil
1 handful of cashews


Lunch 10:30am-ish

2 Aidells sausages
1/2 avocado
1 carrot
1 small handful of celery
8 cherry tomatoes
1 small portion of cauliflower
1 small portion of homemade sweet potato chips
7 deliciously rip strawberries
1 small handful of cashews

Snack 2pm-ish

Handful of sweet potato chips
2 hardboiled eggs
Handful of cashews
7 cherry tomatoes
2 clementines

Dinner

Leftover pork tenderloin
1 whole carrot
1 handful of cashews
1 roma tomato
Sweet potato "hash browns" with cinnamon 
Green beans
Apple sauce
*I may have a clementine still but haven't decided. Trying to see if I'm still hungry or not. 



Woke up at 5am hungry but didn't get out of bed until almost 6, so I didn't eat until a little after 6am. Oddly, I was hungry again around 9am, so I had a cup of coffee and some water and stuck it out until 10:30am. I put so much food on my plate for lunch I really thought I wouldn't be able to eat it all, but I surprised myself and ate it all, plus some cashews. I am also realizing that I'm being plagued with the day 3 exhaustion, it's awful. Ended up eating a TON today but it was all Whole30 compliant (minus the 2 swigs of OJ I took from the bottle) and I feel pretty good. Definitely looking forward to a good night of sleep tonight and hoping tomorrow I really don't "hate all the things" like they warn, on Whole30. I'm super thankful that I have a few communities to reach out to during this journey. Looking forward to getting past day 10 so I can get back in the box, but other than that, things are great.

No comments:

Post a Comment