Friday, January 17, 2014

What I ate - Whole30 day 14

Woke up with a bit of energy today, so I hope it's a good sign for the day. Legs are a little tight from yesterday but not miserable and my back pain is gone today, so lots of positives already today.


Breakfast

3 eggs
cucumber
carrot
tomato
celery
cashews
banana


Lunch

Leftover lemon chicken
cauliflower mash
carrots
tomato
cucumber
1/2 serving of apple sauce
macadamia nuts


Today has been a good day, woke up feeling good and got going immediately. Laundry finished, 2 large batches of cauliflower mash, and made some homemade ghee. Then I almost burned the kitchen down by running the self cleaning oven feature! Apparently olive oil has a burning temperature that the oven CAN get to while cleaning. I feel like a big dumb idiot but I'm mostly just glad that there wasn't a fire and hopefully I didn't ruin the oven. Turns out, we don't have a fire extinguisher in the house, looks like we'll be purchasing one soon! (Or making the landlord get us one) Now I've shut the doors to the kitchen and opened lots of windows and put some fans on, hoping that the house airs out quickly. Guess I have no choice but to stay out of the kitchen for the rest of the day! 

Snack 

Cashew cookie larabar
Banana bread larabar

I know it wasn't the best snack that I could have had but honestly, I can't go in the kitchen and I had to get out of the house, so it was the best option I could have at the time. Now I'm just waiting for hubby to come home so he can warm up some food for me or we can go out to dinner.

Dinner 

Longhorn salad without cheese or crutons and oil & vinegar dressing
Longhorn salmon without marinade
Sweet potato with cinnamon
Ordered asparagus without the lemon butter but tasted two spears and am fairly sure there was lemon butter still on it so I decided not to eat it, just to be safe. 

Today I feel good, stayed up later than I have in a long time and now I'm exhausted, definitely read for bed! 

No comments:

Post a Comment