Sunday, January 5, 2014

What I ate - Whole30 Day 2

Well I made it through day 1! Ended up needing a late night snack but I think it's okay. I wasn't tired enough to go to bed and I could only drink so much water to staunch the tummy rumbling. Slept fairly well also, just got up to pee 3 times and had some rude pups sharing the bed. 


Breakfast

3 eggs cooked in 1/2 tsp of coconut oil
1 large carrot
1 roma tomato
1 small handful of cauliflower
6 stalks of asparagus
1 handful of cashews
4oz of simply orange juice (I know this is frowned upon but eh, it happened and I figure it's the same as having 2 clementines)




Lunch

2 Aidells sausages, I believe they were both bacon & pineapple but hubby picked them today and I forgot to ask
1 small bunch of sliced cucumber (used my fancy new slicer attachment for my Kitchen Aid mixer, it ROCKS)
2 large carrots 
1 small handful of cashews 
1 small handful of some homemade sweet potato chips (I modified the recipe found here. not a huge fan of them but I think I'll play with the recipe a bit and try again.)



Dinner

Red wine vinegar, balsamic vinegar, and garlic marinated pork tenderloin
1/2 avocado
4 stalks of asparagus
1 small handful of broccoli 
1 roma tomato
1 small handful of cucumber
All natural apple sauce
6 delicious strawberries




Today has been productive. I prepped all my sweet potatoes, carrots, and celery, and an entire cucumber as well. Should make the rest of this week much easier to take on. From my previous Whole30 tackle, I found using Sunday to super prep made my week so much easier. I'll probably have to do some more prep later this week as we run out of vegetables but that should be quick. Tonight I'm going to spend some time researching other vegetable options so we don't get stuck in a rut. So far I'm still feeling good, finding that I want to eat as many fruits and vegetables as humanly possible, every time I eat. Ending the day on a very full stomach and extremely happy about it, pretty sure I won't need a snack meal this evening. Ready for some tea and bed, getting out the extra blankets for the frigid temperatures rolling in tonight!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment