Thursday, September 15, 2011

Woes of Injury

This week has been a tough week. Last week I hurt my knee, I have no idea how, but since Thursday or Friday last week it's been swollen and painful. Not that awesome. So Monday we did a fairly easy run to begin with and then did some punishment runs. After that we did some more circuit training and more punishment runs. I pushed through the pain but I don't know it was my best idea. By noon on Monday I decided that I needed to get an appointment to have it looked at. So by 4pm on Monday I was getting an x-ray of my knee. Wednesday we did legs and that awful cemetery run but I didn't run the whole time. I did the downhill jogs but never did the uphill because it hurt way too bad. Then we did legs, which with a bum knee is pretty impossible, but not entirely. Mary gave me a few different modified exercises to do so that I could still workout but it was still a struggle and pretty painful. Needless to say, I'm paying for it. I know that I should rest it and take some time off but I have 4 more days left of this class and I'm determined to finish it. 
So as of now I'm just waiting to have my MRI and for the results of that to see what happens next. So I will keep you in the internet world posted. 

No comments:

Post a Comment