Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Another Week Beginning

So today was the first day back to boot camp. I lost another 3 pounds! Woo Hoo!! Today was kind of tough though. I didn't go to bed early enough and I paid for it sadly. I don't really have much to talk about other than I baked Dukan Pumpkin Inside Out Muffins


Ingredients (I doubled this recipe, it originally only made 6 muffins)
8 tbs. splenda
12 tbs.of oat bran
2 tsp. vanilla extract
1 tbs. of ginger (I did a heaping tbs.)
1 tbs. of cinnamon (I did a heaping tbs.)
1 tbs. of nutmeg (I did a heaping tbs.)
2 tsp. of baking powder
10 tbs of pumpkin (NOT the pie mix)
4 eggs
10 tbs FF sour cream


Each of these muffins has roughly 1tbs of oat bran. We use the high fiber oat bran.

Mix all of the dry ingredients together, then add the pumpkin. Once that is all mixed together, add the eggs.

Mix well then add the FF sour cream.

Now to make the filling. Take an 8oz package of FF Cream Cheese and mix with 1/2c splenda. I use a fork to mix this up instead of the whisk because I don't have a fancy stand mixer, yet. Next summer we're getting married and if we don't get it from the wedding, I'll just purchase it myself. 


Evenly portion the muffins into 12 muffin cups. Don't leave your muffins unattended because you will end up with only 10 muffins because your dog will eat 2 muffins, liner and all. 

Now take your finger and swipe the inside of the empty bowl. Proceed to lick your finger. Yes, it's that delicious. 

Put a good sized dollop of your cream cheese filling in the middle of each muffin. It gets a bit sticky so be careful or you'll end up flipping your muffin like I almost did. (Oops!)
See how the center muffin looks a bit smooshed... Yea I almost ruined that bad boy. Nick helped me save it though!!

Throw these puppies into the oven at 350 for 20 minutes and you will have super delicious Dukan Diet Pumpkin Inside Out Muffins. 




We have tried Chocolate and Apple spice and this is by far the best of the 3 recipes. The chocolate I may try again and tweak the recipe a bit but honestly they don't keep well at all. The Apple Spice ones were awesome I think I just needed to add more apple spice and cinnamon and maybe nutmeg as well. To make the Apple Spice ones just omit the pumpkin and ginger. 


I hope everyone enjoy's these muffins as much as we do in this house. I have boot camp Thursday and Friday and will update again this weekend. Maybe I'll throw in some wedding stuff I've been working on as well. 

As always, questions, comments, and concerns are welcome. I totally jakced the photo ideas from Pioneer Woman's blog so deal with it. 

2 comments:

  1. I did them today and they are amazing. I also love the regular ones (without the cheese), covered with home made pumkping puree as a frosting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. You can also make these with Apple Spice instead of pumpkin puree and the spices. They're just as delicious. Lately we've been making the pumpkin muffins without the puree and just using the spices and adding pumpkin spice so we can eat them everyday.

    ReplyDelete