Thursday, September 15, 2011

Double Layer Pumpkin Cheesecake


So yesterday I did some googling for some good Dukan recipes and ended up on a regular recipe that I could easily turn Dukan. So here is my account of how it went.. 


Ingredients 

  • 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
  • 1/2 cup splenda
  • 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 2 eggs
  • 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 1 pinch ground ginger
  • 1 pinch ground nutmeg

  • Preheat your oven to 325. 

  • Mix the cream cheese, splenda, and vanilla extract together until the cream cheese is completely mixed with the splenda and vanilla. 


Next blend eggs one at a time.  


Once the eggs are properly mixed it should look like so. 

DO NOT LICK THE MIXERS. As tempting as it can be.

Next take a cup of the batter and cover the bottom layer of the pie pan. 


Next add the pumpkin, cinnamon, nutmeg, and I added some ginger for extra good flavor. And I don't stick to the measurements, so go wild if you want. 


Take the batter and spread it on top of the first layer of cheese cake.



Place the pie into a cake pan with a layer of water and place in the middle of the oven rack. Cook for 20 minutes at 325. It will still jiggle in the middle a bit when done cooking.
When finished it should look like this... 


Cool the cheesecake in the fridge for 4 hours or longer before enjoying!! 


This really was delicious!

 - The only thing I would change is I would take more than a cup of the original cheese cake mix. The pumpkin cheese cake didn't set properly for me. The bottom layer of cheese cake set perfectly though. 


I hope everyone enjoys this. Also, this is only for PV and above days. I'm a big dummy and thought I could have this every day. Oops. Time to hit 2 PP days this weekend to make up for it. 

2 comments:

  1. How long did you put it in the oven for? And did you put it in the fridge for any period of time to set?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I updated the post to reflect all of this. Sorry I left it out!!

    ReplyDelete