Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Tuna Steaks

Tonight is going to be strictly a recipe. Well that and a big pat on my back for losing 21 pounds since May. only 15-20 more to go and I'll be happy for life!

So the other night I made Tuna Steaks for dinner for myself and the boys and let me tell you, mmmmmmmmmmmmmm-mmmmmmmmmm! So your first step is to remove the tuna steaks from the refrigerator and cool them to room temperature. I'm not sure why you do this but I remember hearing this on cooking shows and from my amazing chef of an uncle, so I just do it now no questions asked. 
I decided I was going grill them so I put them on a piece of foil. Then seasoned them with pepper and whatever else was in my pantry that was salt free. (My favorites are Mrs. Dash salt free seasonings)



Here is another picture of how beautiful these steaks are. They're definitely going on the list again next week. 



After warming up the grill I just took them outside and grilled them on each side for about 8 minutes. Well I grilled them longer and sadly overcooked some of them, which really bummed me out. Another reason I'm making them again next week. One of these day I'll remember to focus on what I'm cooking instead of trying to do 35 things at once. 


While the steaks were cooking I put the asparagus and broccoli in tin foil and covered with pepper and garlic and threw them on the grill as well. At the end of all of this I received this wonderful looking dinner. We each had 2 steaks and I ate all of mine and could have eaten more. I guess that's why I had Ahi Tuna that Friday at Outback. 




This is definitely a meal I'd make again because it's SO easy, quick, and delicious. And especially for those of you who don't like fish, this is a good one to try because it's more of a meaty fish. This is up there with Swordfish in my favorite fish to eat group. 


I hope you enjoyed this short and sweet blog. I will be back again soon to share my Apple Pie Spice Bread with FF Cream Cheese... and all of the disasters that went along with creating it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment