Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Did I Mention Road Blocks???

Big sigh.... *siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiighhhhhhh*
So last week I was ready to rumble. I was amped up and ready for anything that came my way. Friday night I went out and got new shoes to help with my training. Saturday I played my usual 2 soccer games and actually tried to take it a bit easy because I wanted to stay healthy, imagine that thought process. That bit me in the ass because I just don't have it in me to not 'go hard' at a sport I love. Long story short, I now am the proud owner of a high ankle sprain in my left ankle. 
So me being me, I tried to play soccer on Sunday, failed. I have also planned on running every day this week have just haven't had the pain tolerance to try. I was sincerely planning on trying to run today until friends talked me out of what could have been a bad decision. But since I have amazing friends I have decided that I will still go to the gym tonight, lift weights and ride the stationary bike. It is a good alternative to running and training for my 5k, not good enough, but it'll do. I am also going to look into the pool hours to see if that can be an alternative workout for myself. I really need to let my ankle heal, I know that, I'm just so stubborn. 
Enough whining now. Time to just face the music aka my restrictions and continue on. 
So tonight's plan, ride bike 20 minutes or more. Lift weights for 20 minutes or more. 


Dinner tonight... 


Grilled Chicken Breast
Seasoned & Oven Roasted Vegetables
Pan Seared Red Skin Potatoes


Rough calorie estimate... 498 per serving


YummmO


Listening to - Hey Jude, The Beatles

No comments:

Post a Comment