Monday, February 21, 2011

Small Successes

It's always the small things in life that make us happy, right? It seems that way for me at least. Yesterday I finished C25k, Week 6. My fiance' rode his bike behind me the entire time so that I didn't have to do it alone. (When he finally gets his hamstring all better, I told him I'd redo the C25k program with him so we can run together.) Day 3 of Week 6 is the beginning of the end of intervals. I ran for 25 minutes straight, only stopping once to pick up my dog's poop. Thanks Ace. In those 25 minutes I did 2.5 miles, that's 1.1 miles away from a 5k!! Nick says he thinks I could run a 5k right now if I wanted to, which I agree, but I don't think I'm ready by any stretch of the imagination. I'm taking the next 2 days off because my shins are a little sore and I think my body needs a few days of rest. 
I've been so proud of myself lately because I've taken this C25k thing so seriously. I am drinking my protein, eating better, and motivating my running partner to get her butt in gear. I have also been making sure to rest when I should, I have a habit of going too hard when I get back into working out which inevitably discourages me because I make myself so sore that I HAVE to take too much time off. I am starting to feel like I'm losing weight even though I'm not actually losing much but I'll get there. It'll happen. As Nick reminds me when I get frustrated, "Rome wasn't built in a day." I do have an amazing support system and I hope that those of you (probably none) that read this blog have the same, or are looking for that because without it I would probably fail, multiple times. Sadly. 

So my workout schedule for this week should look something like this...


Monday - Off
Tuesday - Coach soccer, a few sprints with the kids :)
Wednesday - W7D1, Ab Ripper, Strength training
Thursday - Coach soccer, a few sprints with the kids :)
Friday - W7D2, Ab Ripper, Strength training
Saturday - W7D3
Sunday - Off

So here are some short term goals because apparently long term goals scare me into hiding.
  • Lose 10 pounds in 4 weeks (Posting weekly loss results here)
  • Finish 5k training program
  • Run ShamrockNroll March 13
  • I have modified my chocolate, I'm instead giving up chocolate for Lent as it would be much harder for me to give that up than drinking. 
  • Make dinner 4-5 nights a week, leftovers 2-3 nights a week
  • Reduce beer intake during the week (No I don't drink every night but I've found recently I have had more than 1 beer after work on more than 1 night a week, not including Friday/Saturday)
  • Weight train at least 1 day a week for 40 minutes, if 2 days a week, 20 minutes each day
  • Work my abs for 10 minutes or more, 3 days a week

Tonight's Dinner: 

Shrimp Stir Fry

1 pound shrimp
1/2 of each Yellow, Orange, Green Pepper
1/2 cup bean sprouts
1/2 pound snow peas
1/2 cup white onion
1 cup brown rice
Soy Sauce
Sesame Oil 
S&P


1. Heat the sesame oil in a wok or large pan. 
2. Cook brown rice according to package directions. 
3. Add the shrimp and cook until 2/3 finished, remove from pan, set aside. 
4. Add some soy sauce and a little sesame oil, cook the veggie medley. Once the veggies are cooked, about 7-11 minutes, add the shrimp back to the mix. Cook the stir fry together for another 4 minutes. 

This makes a little more than 2 servings. We usually have enough for at least 1 person to eat this as leftovers. 

Enjoy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment