Thursday, January 27, 2011

Progress Report

Alrighty then!! It's week 4 of my couch to 5k training program and I'm still going strong. Week 4 consists of run 3min, walk 1.5min, run 5min, walk 2.5min repeat. Day 1 was miserable. I hated it. Day 2 was much, much, much better. The first day I found that I was counting down the seconds until the timer went off to let me know that I could walk. The second day I felt so much better, when we were finished with the full workout I felt good, my body didn't hurt so bad. Tomorrow we're doing our third day and I'm really looking forward to it, I think we'll be able to make good time on it also.
This week I am starting to incorporate strength training in my weekly workouts. I'm a little nervous to do this because that means I really only get 1 day off from working out but I think I'm okay with that. I run 3 days a week and play soccer 1 or 2 days on the weekend, sometimes up to 4 games on the weekends. Oh well!
Today's agenda is to do some upper body and ab work to jump start my strength training. The only downside to this is that I have no workout partner for strength training, only for running, but that isn't the end of the world.
Lucky for me, Nick and I started carpooling to work and since I can't pick him up until after 5:30 I have more than enough time to get in 40 minutes of working out if not more, depending on his day.
So basically I am going to hit the gym 4 days a week, my evening I'm not working out will be reserved for grocery shopping (yay) and relaxing (very yay). So here's to hoping I can stick with this routine for 60 days and then after that it'll just be a habit right??

Weight: -5 pounds

Starting weight: 165

No comments:

Post a Comment