Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Fer Serious.

So I haven't worked out since I sprained my ankle. I feel like such a waste of space and sadly I still have to get into shape to run my 5k in March. And honestly, it's not like I haven't had time but it's really that I've been a lazy fat fat and using my ankle as an excuse to not run. Well that is going to stop. It was going to stop today but as work has gotten a bit crazy it looks like I'll be working from home tonight instead of working out. But as I type this I keep thinking that I'll bundle up and take the dogs out, I mean I can spare a half hour for a run. And yet it's never just a half hour, because it's 10 minutes to get my stuff together, 30 minutes or more of running, then there is cooling down and stretching, another 15 minutes or more. Plus I need to cook dinner, sweep & mop the bedroom, pack my stuff for home, start some laundry, clean the guest bathroom, and get some work finished. Oh and before I do any working out, cleaning, cooking, or working, I need to go to the grocery store because we're almost out of dog food and stop by the other car to get my ipod case. And the worst part about today is that I feel totally fat and it's because I eat like crap, not because I haven't worked out. So again, it comes down to me.
So tomorrow night I'm going home for the weekend and I feel like I'll be able to get refreshed and my legs back under me. I already have plans to work out Friday and Sunday and have thought about working out on Saturday too but I think I'll just be so sore on Monday that I won't want to workout.


Since I forget at times that I am now a soccer coach I have to adjust my goals. I am hoping that next week my workout schedule will go as follows...


  • Monday - Run 20 minutes (W5D3), Abs
  • Tuesday - Coach soccer, run 1 mile with the dogs
  • Wednesday - Week 6 Day 1, Abs 
  • Thursday - Coach soccer, day off
  • Friday - Week 6 Day 2
  • Saturday - Soccer Game, Abs, Strength training
  • Sunday - Week 6 Day 3




I am hoping that my normal weekly workouts will go as follows... 
  • Monday - Week X Day 1 until program is finished, once finished either start Bridge to 10k or run 3.1 miles or more, Abs
  • Tuesday - Coach soccer, run 1 to 1.5 miles with dogs
  • Wednesday - Week X Day 2 until program is finished, once finished 40 minutes on the elliptical, abs
  • Thursday - Coach soccer, day off
  • Friday - Week X Day 3 until program is finished, once finished start bridge to 10k or run 2.5 miles, abs
  • Saturday - Coach soccer, run 1 to 1.5 miles, strength training
  • Sunday - walk dogs, rest




So here are some short term goals because apparently long term goals scare me into hiding.


  • Lose 10 pounds in 4 weeks (Posting weekly loss results here)
  • Finish 5k training program
  • Run ShamrockNroll in March
  • Give up Chocolate for 4 weeks
  • Make dinner 5 nights a week, leftovers 2 nights a week
  • Reduce beer intake during the week (No I don't drink every night but I've found recently I have had more than 1 beer after work on more than 1 night a week, not including Friday/Saturday)
  • Weight train at least 1 day a week for 40 minutes, if 2 days a week, 20 minutes each
  • Work my abs for 10 minutes or more, 3 days a week
I am beginning this regimen starting Monday, February 14th so wish me luck!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment