Thursday, February 17, 2011

Steer the course..

It's Thursday, yaaay... One more day until Friday, which is so reassuring. I've been chocolate free for 2 whole days now and it's not as miserable as I figured it would be. I've told the people around me not to offer me any chocolate so I can keep "clean". Yesterday I completed Week 6 Day 1 and felt really good about. I ran on the treadmill which makes me feel like I'm cheating because it seems easier. Today I am doing Week 6 Day 2 with my dogs. They really love the exercise but they're such a pain to run together. I haven't done any weight training this week but I'm hoping to find the time for it sometime this weekend. I'm also considering taking Friday night off of running and then running Day 3 on Saturday and doing my weight training on Sunday with a mile run also. 


Oh and I weighed myself today. Last week I weighed 165 (still) 


Today I am down 1 whole pound! 


I'm not super happy with the results but I'll take any negative(loss) number over a positive(gain). I'm hoping my giving up of chocolate will have some effect on my weight loss. 


A few other goals that are going to come my way shortly (Lent) 
- I'm giving up alcohol for lent
- I'm giving up french fries for lent
- I am signing up for the Warrior Dash in May, its a 3.2 mile course with 6 obstacles in the last mile (waist high water, fire, cargo nets, tunnels, junk yard, wall... etc) It's going to be so hard but I'm so excited to do it. 


All of these things are positive things and they're attainable goals. That's all I have to keep remembering!! 




So here are some short term goals because apparently long term goals scare me into hiding.
  • Lose 10 pounds in 4 weeks (Posting weekly loss results here)
  • Finish 5k training program
  • Run ShamrockNroll in March
  • Give up Chocolate for 4 weeks
  • Make dinner 4-5 nights a week, leftovers 2-3 nights a week
  • Reduce beer intake during the week (No I don't drink every night but I've found recently I have had more than 1 beer after work on more than 1 night a week, not including Friday/Saturday)
  • Weight train at least 1 day a week for 40 minutes, if 2 days a week, 20 minutes each day
  • Work my abs for 10 minutes or more, 3 days a week

No comments:

Post a Comment