Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Success... Well kinda

Today marks day 1 of WEEK 2 of p90x. I couldn't be happier. I made it through an entire grueling week of intense workouts and strict eating plan and I'm ready for week 2. This week will be a little tough. We are driving to and from Michigan which will cause a couple days of inadvertent rest plus it will be Thanksgiving on Thursday and really, how am I supposed to NOT eat like that. So I have a plan since there really is no way that I'm going to take a delicious holiday away from myself. Portions, Portions, PORTIONS. I'm going to focus on what I'm eating, skip the chip dip well at least cut back A LOT, small portion of starches, lots of veggies, lots of lean turkey, no gravy (not that I normally eat it anyways) and since I'm going to be eating like this on Thursday I plan on cutting calories from other places to make up for it. The bad thing is that we're also taking Thursday off from working out because of travel plans, it will change our routine a bit but I think we will be okay. 
We have changed one thing though, we're not making the crazy 4 burner, stove, & blender dinners and lunches anymore. We're still following the outlined amount of calories, fruits/carbs/proteins/veggies but we're just eating what we enjoy eating and going from there. I'm trying not to restrict myself from anything because I'll go crazy about it.. A friend had McDonald's the other day, I ate a single french fry to satisfy my craving and actually left it at that. 


So on to progress, I'm feeling stronger and more energized, that is until about 8pm and then I get sleepy and most times am asleep by 9pm. I actually have not stepped on a scale since starting this program but I can already see that I'm losing weight, it's just the opposite of how I want to lose it. I'd love my legs to slim down before my upper chest does but all that matters is that it's happening and will continue to happen. I'd recommend this to anyone who is ready to make changes in their life and continue those changes. 


Listening to Lily Allen F*** You

No comments:

Post a Comment