Monday, November 1, 2010

So much for taking it slow....

So I started my walking. Mission started :) 
On Saturday I took both dogs for a walk, which proved to be almost impossible. One pup has walking issues sadly, so half way though we turned back but not to be defeated. I put him away and went back out with just the  one dog who loves to walk and can do so at a faster pace. I walked for an entire hour, including the first trip out and it felt great. I'm sadly proud of myself for starting on a Saturday. But I made some bad decisions this weekend in regards to Halloween candy :( just ate toooo much. And what's worse is Sunday we had ZERO trick or treaters, which meant so much left over candy. I had the fiancé take it to work today to get it completely our of the house, which is the best defense for us both. 
Yesterday we had soccer practice which ended up being just short of a 2 hour scrimmage. When you get back into a sport you realize how much better shape you USED to be in. But at the same time, this is what I'm doing all of this for, to get back into that shape, or at least close to it. 
So this morning I mapped out a few 2 mile loops in my neighborhood, I figure it'll take me an hour to walk 2 miles and that's perfect. 2 miles, 5 days a week, which is 10 miles a week. Go me! So here's to staying on track. 


So back to my title... So much for taking it slow... 
My fiancé ordered P90X last night. This scares the baahhjeezes out of me. I mean it sounds great and the results will be great but it's going to be the most challenging 3 months of my life! Which makes me realize that once we start this program my daily walks are going to be harder to complete because I will be designating at least an hour to P90X each day for 3 months. Is doing P90X and walking doing too much? Will I be stretching myself too thin? Or will I be just fine and be in the great shape? Oh and on top of this P90X, I have soccer practice on Sundays and coaching on Wednesday and Sundays, so much for having time to relax. But I'm finding that the more things I have going on the better I am at relaxing because I make time to do it and realize that I only have a short time for it, not an entire afternoon. 
So I have 2 weeks to walk until P90X arrives. Here goes NOTHING! :) 


Today my scale probably reads somewhere around 165, I hope to be at 130-135. I honestly don't really care about how much I weigh when I'm finished, I just want to fit comfortably in my clothes. I want to look sleek and sexy in my wedding dress. 


Currently listening to - The Fear by Lily Allen


PS Tonight begins a healthy eating regimen... I'm very excited. Tonight's dinner is going to be grilled chicken and roasted broccoli. 

No comments:

Post a Comment