Friday, January 20, 2012

You Get Better

This is true. Truer than it's ever been. This week has been extremely challenging for me. Work has been insane, completely stressful and crazy, its awesome but draining. On top of that last weekend I got a horrible cold, couldn't shake it all week and now I've got bronchitis. So on Monday I did not workout because I was sick. Tuesday I did not workout because I was sick. I went to bootcamp on Wednesday. Started out with a nice and cold mile run, I'm pretty sure I ran it in like 10+ minutes, not my best showing. Luckily we did the remainder of the workout inside and luckily is a very loose term. It was leg day, which is tough to begin with, but Mary is trying this new method, which is great minus it's toughness. We did a rotation of cardio legs and stationary legs. I slept in on Thursday instead of working out. I wasn't too sore either, mostly because I didn't push myself because I was still sick and finally decided to go see a doctor. I did go to bootcamp this morning and I can tell that my body still needs to rest. Just about any running killed me and most of my strength was just missing. 
So I made the executive decision to take the remainder of the weekend off from working out. Tonight I did some laundry, cleaned the bathroom, and am now resting for the evening and planning on a bedtime here shortly. I plan on cleaning the entire house tomorrow and then Sunday just finishing up laundry if anything. My hope is feel healthy come Monday morning so I can get back to life. I can't wait for it to be warm again though. I've decided that I'm going walk my dogs in the mornings on Tuesday and Thursday instead of going to the gym, I'll still make sure I am doing incline walks on the treadmill at least once a week. 
I'm also pretty proud of my will power this week. I am really trying to remember how bad I felt about myself when we got back from Michigan. I mean I put on a good chunk of weight in the month of December and I just let it happen, I didn't even really fight back, it was awful. I never want to feel like that again. This is the promise I'm completely okay with making with myself. 




Happy Weekend. 

No comments:

Post a Comment