Monday, January 16, 2012

I Hate Vacation



Okay, so I don't really hate vacation but I hate what happens when you go on vacation. Well it might not happen to everyone but it happens to me... I get lazy! Like not just a little bit lazy, but a LOT lazy. We started vacation on Christmas Eve and finished shortly after New Years, this is far too long of a vacation. I went for a run the first day we were home, it was not that awesome and that was the end of that. Pathetic is right! 
I'm sure you're thinking, oh well that's not that bad, well you're wrong. It was that bad. I ate whatever I wanted, whenever I wanted. It's like once I break on something, the whole freaking damn breaks. 
Well I've been home for almost 2 weeks now and I've only made it through 3 of the 7 bootcamps that have been available for me. The first day back was the day after we got back from Michigan, so that was understandable. That Friday, I was sick, yay traveling, so I did not make it to that boot camp. I did make it to every boot camp last week and worked out on Thursday as well, with intentions of working out on Saturday as well. Then Friday showed her ugly mug, not all Friday's are ugly but this particular one was, she brought on the crud. By 3pm on Friday I knew that it was already too late, there was nothing left to do but wait for it. That night I had some rough sleep, with a fever capping 100. So I resigned to the couch and my bed for the weekend, vying to rest enough to be back to normal on Monday and I was right on course too. Sunday night I picked out my outfit, packed up my gym bag, picked out my workout outfit, and had everything in the bathroom, just waiting for the 4:30am alarm clock. Well around 1am my internal stomach alarm clock woke me up and kept me up for some time. I'm pretty sure I fell asleep about 20 minutes before the actual alarm clock went off. Now I'm hardcore, but I'm just barely getting better so today I deferred to better judgement and stayed home to sleep. 
So here we are, it is today, the last day of lazy. And tomorrow is the first day to reaching my goals. 
Goals you ask? Why yes, I have goals, they are as follows... 

  1. Get down to my goal weight (135) by the end of March 
  2. Workout 5 days a week
  3. Get my 1.5 mile time down to 12:00 by the end of March
  4. Have clearly defined calf muscles & triceps
  5. Pass the Air Force Physical Fitness Test (I just want to know I can do it, I don't want to join)
  6. No back bulge in my wedding dress
How am I going to do this you ask? By not being EASY!
It's time to start taking responsibility for my actions and working harder. One day at a time. 


Tomorrow's Plan of Attack
-Breakfast, Eggs over easy and coffee
-Snack, Fruit & Maple Oatmeal
-Lunch, Salad 
-Dinner, Pork Chops
-Snack if needed, SF Jello


I am hoping to update this daily or at least every other day.

No comments:

Post a Comment