Monday, March 14, 2011

Success!!

Yesterday I started and completed my first 5k run ever. I've never felt so awesome in my life. I finished in under 40 minutes and sadly, walked twice. I honestly think had I run it alone I may have run the whole time but my partner in running easily swayed me into walking. After the second walk I felt completed defeated and decided that I wanted to finish running the rest of the race without stopping and I did. I kicked the crap out of the rest of that race. My shin started to hurt a bit the last .1 mile of the race but that didn't stop me from finishing. I'm currently researching 5k runs for the next 4 months at least.
I'm signing up for one April 2nd. I'm hoping to do the Warrior Dash in May in Atlanta, I think that would be so awesome to do. Then looking for a race in June, July, August, & September, possibly even in October. I'm so excited.

So on another side note, I gained 10 pounds in the 2 weeks I wasn't training because of my shin splint, topping off at the heaviest I've ever been on a scale. Awesome. But the good news is that I'm down 5 pounds since then.  So I still have 30 more pounds to go but I WILL get there.

No comments:

Post a Comment