Tuesday, January 29, 2013

What I Ate Tonight

Tonight I made Tofu Parmigiana using this recipe here


This was the end product. And it was friggin delicious. 





Package of Organic Firm Tofu, drained. 


Seasoned breadcrumbs. (I used regular breadcrumbs and added garlic salt & Mrs. dash Italian blend seasoning)


You can barely tell, but that's the tofu breaded. 


I modified the recipe a bit and used Prego Mushroom sauce but still added the minced garlic. 



Should have taken a photo of it as it came out of the oven, it was bubbling deliciousness. 

Recently I have cut meat out of my life and I was very skeptical of this dish because I have made this traditionally, with chicken, and well, this isn't. I think the texture is the only thing that could turn someone away from this because it's really different. Anyways, this is always a great option for those thinking about meatless Monday's or just interested in trying something different. 

Enjoy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment